Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Even When You Fail, It Won't Be For Long

Thanks, Ralph Marston. I love that guy.

Today I almost let myself roll off into depression. I have been trying to get up early - 5am - but today I stayed in the bed later than I have in a while. At 10am I finally started easing into the motions, and by noon I was on campus. To me, this was a big fail.

But I did pray this morning, "Dear Lord, here I am your humble servant, reporting for duty. If there is a door you want me to go through, please open it and help me to walk through it. If there is a door you don't want me to go through, please close it and help me to accept it. I am your servant." I felt like I could walk through another door.

Thanks Pastor Battle's mentor.

And I did show up to a stats discussion of missing data hosted by my beautiful lab mates. I felt like I wasn't completely lost during the discussion, so I left feeling even better.

Thanks stats professors and stats-savvy advisor.

And I did some good work at my assistantship and actually completed an award application in time to get some feedback on my personal statement, so now I feel like this day was actually pretty good.

Failure wasn't for long. Thank you, God.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment