Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fool

At the end of February, I looked forward to the moment where I turned in my drafts of all of my chapters. I looked forward to getting feedback from my advisor and working on the final product. The thought of this made me feel elated. "I could actually be there soon!"

Today, though, as I worked on making changes based on my advisor's suggestions, I felt panicky and overwhelmed rather than excited to be so close to the finish line.

I realized that somehow I was losing perspective - losing sight of the big picture that God has shown me: that the vision is already realized that I had in February. That I have already come so much further than I thought I could, through what I believe to be a series of blessings and even miracles that I couldn't have imagined. I haven't even acknowledged all of them, come to think of it.

So today, I understood how close I came to being the April Fool. But instead of giving in, I was encouraged to push a little longer and resist the temptation to procrastinate. As a result, I'm a little closer to #Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment