Monday, March 26, 2012

Countdown: 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes

I just posted this to the Dissertation House blog:
My countdown app has reached 0 days, 0 hours, and 0 minutes, but I'm still counting down to Wednesday. However, I am going to have to wait on my committee to find out whether I will need to reschedule my defense date.

The good news is that I set a really ambitious date to Ph.inish, and I am SO close and that date could still happen. This is amazing given that, not long ago, I was convinced I couldn't complete this degree.

The I-Need-To-Go-With-The-Flow-But-Not-Bad news is that I am working up until the last minute and am having to request that my committee take less reading time than required before the defense date.

The great news is that I have been working consistently and taking care of my basic needs for food-rest-exercise in between working, and it has paid off in my resilience and balance. I can do this. Whether I do it on April 11 or on April 11+N or May # doesn't matter. I think my heart is slowing back to a normal rhythm now...

Three of the four committee members I was waiting for responses from have said yes to keep the current date.

Wooosaaaaahhhhh.

Onward.

This is what my friend just emailed me:
May God bless you with everything, be strong, stay encouraged! It will only be but for a moment. Keep persevering. God will keep you even when you feel you cannot be kept!

Isaiah 41:10  -- Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

This is what I think:
So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment